Friday, July 19, 2013

Central Illinois

We stayed for a couple of days with dear friends in Urbana-Champaign, home of my alma mater, the University of Illinois. Being on campus again was a little strange, as most things had not changed and yet clearly my life situation has. I walked across the Quad not alongside my roommate or my close friend from down the hall, but rather with my husband and four children. Seeing multiple tour groups and realizing how much closer in age they are to my oldest daughter than to me was humbling.

Our oldest is already talking about following in my footsteps by going to the U of I; she must really like the cornfields, as she has visited UCLA and so far is not impressed. I told her she would want to make sure she lives in Illinois a couple years with the grandparents first in order to get in-state tuition, so we will see.

Our friends have a new baby, which was fun. Since I've known the wife of this couple for 15 years, it was a lovely time of reminiscing about how we were as college girls as well as acknowledging that we are both very blessed to be married to the good, strong Christian men we have in our lives now. God has truly blessed both of us.

We saw so many friends in the area, including at a potluck dinner at a friend's home in Peoria. What a lovely but brief time.

No comments:

Post a Comment