Sunday, June 30, 2013

Western Kentucky

We have spent the past two nights here in rural western Kentucky. We spent a lovely afternoon at Jackson's Orchard with friends yesterday. Today was spent with a church here who support Hubs in his work, and they are lovely people who have welcomed us and made us feel very at home. This congregation reminded us in some ways of the one we left when we moved to LA. It was very comfortable and familiar to us; connections to many of the people here made it seem more so as the day passed.

I keep packing away the sweet memories of these wonderful people for later. I know I will need them. Our hostess asked tonight if I had compiled a list of the people I've hugged. That would have been a lovely thing to do, but I haven't. I'll just have to save up the sweet memories the old-fashioned way--through the way they have all made me feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment