Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Las Cruces

Our second stop was in Las Cruces, where my youngest brother is stationed with the Army; however, since he is currently deployed, we stayed in his house alone. It was nice to have our own space to stretch out, but we missed him!

We celebrated our oldest daughter's 10th birthday today and visited Old Mesilla. There were beautiful jewelry shops where we perused a wide selection of turquoise jewelry that reminded me of my maternal grandmother. I was also introduced to a beautiful stone called charoite. It's purple with swirls of lavender, and it's gorgeous. And of course the beautiful handcrafted silver bracelet I loved the most with a charoite stone inset was out of my price range. Hubs says I always like the nicest things. Well, I guess that's why I married him!

We were blessed to have dinner with some of the members of the church there this evening; one of the ladies made a cake for our daughter's birthday, which was very sweet. I know why my brother loves the people here, and I am glad they like him. (I am also glad a few of them thought I was his YOUNGER sister!) Tomorrow we have a long haul, one of our longest days of driving. Prayers would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment