Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sacramento

"Welcome back," said the man at the fruit inspection station just after we crossed the border into California on Friday.

Instead of spending our time in traffic headed west from the hotel and trying to cram in a very short visit to San Francisco today, we went east away from all of that traffic and visited the state capital, Sacramento. The capitol building itself was very beautiful, and I began to cry during a special exhibit they have there right now on the Dust Bowl. The kids and I just studied that time period and even had an older member from the church come over and share his experiences.

It was strangely reassuring seeing lots of "California" stuff in the gift shop after two months away from everything California. I stopped myself from buying a cute tea towel with a 40s era map printed on it. (I might buy one at a later date!)

Hubs will speak for a church tomorrow morning, and then we head HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment